Why do I need an Apple & Google developer account?
In order to publish your iOS and Android apps into the app stores, you're required to create Google and Apple developer accounts.
An Apple developer account has an annual fee of $99 USD - we highly recommended to set this to auto-renew.
A Google developer account is a one-off fee of $25 USD.
Before starting your Apple Developer enrollment, you will need your company's D-U-N-S® number. If you don't have one, click here to follow the steps to get one. Once your D-U-N-S® number is activated, you can begin the Apple enrollment process.
Creating an Apple Developer Account
Click the link to begin setting up your account - https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/.
Click the 'Start Your Enrollment' button near the bottom of the page.
Log in using an existing Apple ID or create a new one
Once logged in, click the checkbox to accept the Apple Developer Agreement and click the 'Submit' button.
5. You will be asked if you would like to use the App Developer App. Click the 'Continue Enrollment on the Web' link to continue.
6. Enter your personal information in the form, and press the 'Continue' button.
7. Select your entity type for the developer account.
For sole proprietors, D-U-N-S Number is not needed, and the Apple ID used for registration will need to be provided to Kaddra to manage the app.
8. Enter the legal entity name and the D-U-N-S® number and press the 'Continue' button.
Note: Legal Entity Name - make sure to use the exact name received by email with the D-U-N-S number.
9. Add your company’s website and particulars. The email address needs to be under the company’s domain; Gmail or Hotmail accounts are not permitted. Click the 'Continue' button to proceed.
10. Confirm the details when prompted and then Submit.
It normally takes around 3-5 business days for Apple to approve. If you have not heard from them after 5 business days, we recommend reaching out to them to follow up - How to contact Apple to expedite my developer account approval.
11. Once approved, you will receive a follow-up email from Apple to set up payment for the $99 USD annual fee. Go to your Apple Developer Dashboard to complete your billing. It will take up to 24 hours for the payment to be processed but once completed, you can invite Kaddra to access your Apple developer account.
Invite Kaddra to your Apple Developer Account
In order to submit the iOS app to the Apple App Store, Kaddra will need to be invited to be able to access your account and submit the app on your behalf.
Log in using your Apple ID - https://developer.apple.com/account/
Click on 'People' and click 'Go to App Store Connect'
3. Click the '+' icon and fill in the user details as follows:
First Name: Kaddra
Last Name: DevOps
Select 'App Manager'
Check 'Access to Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles' + access to "all Additional Resources"
4. Click the 'Invite' button, and you're done. Congratulations! 🎉
Creating a Google Developer Account
Go to https://play.google.com/console/signup and log in with your existing Google account.
At the top left corner of the page, confirm your preferred Google Account for the Google developer account registration.
Click 'Get started' in the 'Organisation or Business' section to proceed.
4. Fill in the form with the relevant information, the 'Developer Name' will appear in the Google play store along with your App name.
Developer Name: Can be the business/app name
Organisation name: legal entity name
Email address and phone number verification will need to be completed to proceed to the next step
5. Tick the boxes to confirm you agree to the 'Terms of Service' and Click the 'Create account and pay' button.
7. Pay the $25 USD one-time enrolment fee when prompted. Once completed, you should now be able to access the Google Play Console.
Invite Kaddra to your Google Developer Account
In order to submit the Android app to the Google Playstore, Kaddra will need to be invited to be able to access your account and submit the app on your behalf.
1. Log in to your Google account and navigate to the 'Google Play Console' Select Users and Permissions, then click 'Invite new users' and key in the email address email@example.com with the 'Admin' role under account permissions
2. Click the 'Invite User' button from the lower right part of the page
Note: If additional verification is needed by Google, a banner on the main page will appear and will prompt you on the next steps to verify your organisation's details.
One last step...
All that is left is to inform the Kaddra team and request them to verify they can access the accounts.
Navigate to the Kaddra app sales channel in your Shopify account
In the 'Home' tab, click the 'VERIFY ACCOUNTS CONNECTION' button
3. The CS team will verify access within the next 12 business hours, if not before. You can check back here for the updated status, the CS team will also send an email once verified.
If you have any questions or get stuck and need someone to walk you through the process, fear not, help is at hand! Click on the chat icon (bottom-right) and speak with our Customer Success team, who will happily take your hand and guide you through the process. If email is your thing, you can reach the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.